Freetown City Guide

Lumley Beach

Freetown in a word: Heaven?

Chance of Hooking up: 5 / 5
Quality of Girls: 3.5 / 5
Nightlife: 4.5 / 5
Smoking tolerance level: 4 / 5

Beer: €.50 for a street beer 330ml. €1.20 in clubs.
Bed: €20 for a private room in Aberdeen.
Bud: €0.12 a pack!
Board: €2  for a meal.
Budget other: Club entry for the office is a hefty €16.

I love Freetown! I’ve been to 22 countries on the continent and it’s probably the coolest city I’ve been to. Ok, the city center is pretty hectic but the suburb of Aberdeen is the bomb. When you first arrive you may think you’re in heaven (if satan ran it). You’re still in third world but it certainly ticks all the boxes. It’s got beautiful beaches, scenic mountains, crazy nightlife, cheap beer, sexy girls all over you and you can even buy and smoke weed in the clubs. Come on! That said, if you’re white you may experience some racism. You may also get a little hassle from hustlers, but not near the extent you get in other West African countries. Spend a least week here, it’s too good. After that, it starts to feel like a small town as you will know everyone. Grab a beer and get ready to party!

If you haven’t already, I’d strongly recommend  you read my article Sex in Africa 101 before continuing.

Singer Heyden Adama

Freetownians are some of the most liberal in all of Africa. As the locals say: “Everything is Free in Freetown!” Although many are Muslim, nearly all the women drink and screw like its going out of fashion. There are many ethnic groups; the main ones are Mende and Temne, the latter of which are a little lighter. There is also a few Fula, Liberian, Lebanese, white and mixed race girls about. As usual they’re is plenty of sexy bodies on display and dam do these girls know how to use them. If you’re in any way exotic you will clean up here (Asian and Caucasian especially so). I rarely give a COH rating of 5/5, but it’s true. During the day, you can pick up girls on the street, the beach or just about anywhere. At night, it can a little more dubious so choose carefully. Some girls are players and will try  to scam you. One obstacle here is actually the local guys: many love to leech and cockblock. Aside from players and leeches there are plenty of top notch girls about. My nightlife recommendations give you good tips on the night. It’s not hard to leave Freetown with a smile on your face.

Nightlife Recommendations

Lumley beach in Aberdeen is the epicenter of Freetown’s nightlife. There may not be a lot of options but the quality of venues is absolutely Grade A.

Atlantic Hotel

Only really good on a Monday night. It’s packed with the hottest, best quality women in the city. A healthy mix of rich beautiful locals, sexy Lebanese and some expats. Great vibe, pity it’s not consistent.

Aces

Aces is Freetown. There’s a heaving dance floor, pool tables, several  and an outdoor bar with a stage and large beer garden. This is a local institute. Sexy girls are everywhere (most are working). You can even buy joint and smoke them in the beer garden. It’s busy most nights, usually free in and beer is a little over €1. This place is awesome! Just make sure you choose your girl wisely… you’re likely to bump into them in there the next night. One the best places I’ve been to in all of Africa.

The Office

This is the rich man’s Aces. You pay more but the clientele are a little more sophisticated. Just as good as Aces if not better.

For a good local Sierra Leone blog discussing the nightlife – Click here.

My Freetown Experience

When I first arrived, the town inspired the post: Sierra Leone – paradise?

We were meant to stay 3 days, but end up there for nearly two weeks! In the end we HAD to leave because I cooked up a recipe for disaster. Here a pic of Freetown sweetheart mentioned in the post:

❤ My Sierra Leone Girl ❤

Oh Freetown, I miss you so.

I will definitely return.

😉

Why not check out more cheeky City Guides?

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

39 Responses to Freetown City Guide

1. The Hunger July 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm #

5/5 rating? Wow and wow….another contender has emerged! I’m adding this one to THE list. Nice work NN.

2. Chrus July 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm #

big ups on showing the girls you’re fucking with, great to see the local talent, and she’s a cutie

3. Disgusted Reader July 25, 2011 at 4:46 am #

You’re fucking disgusting. Those are prostitutes, and I hope you enjoy AIDS, asshole.

• Naughty Nomad July 25, 2011 at 4:15 pm #

If it’s any consolation, I probably will.

FYI: She’s not a prostitute when I met her she was 16 and still had a hymen.

4. Wonky July 27, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

Sounds extremely interesting!

What’s the easiest/cheapest way to get there??

And what’s a good selection of places in the region if you only have limited time, say 10 days?

5. Africascott September 18, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

Nomad,

Just found your site yesterday and I love it. It’s refreshingly odvious that you know what your talking about. I’ve been coming and going to Accra from Orange County, Calif, for 10 years and lived here full time for the last 2.

That said I like your African girls 101 course but the guys right about not going to there place. Just bullet proof yours and you’ll be fine. Disgusted above is disgusting and should go to someother site as he odviously dosen’t know of which he speaks.

Look I’m 68 and strong and you can call me stupid but in the last 11 years I have enjoyed several hundred of these wonderful girls—usually with no condom and never had a problem with more stories than I can remember. More on that and other things later.

But Nomad here’s my big question. I’ve been thinking of spending a year or two in S.E. Asia but I have never been to Freetown and I know your report here is very accurate. So should I spend the next year in Thailand/Vietnam or Freetown? I have to go back to California for November but which way should I head in December?
    What do you think?

6. Africascott September 18, 2011 at 11:11 pm #

Thanks Nomad. One nice thing about the Siera Leonian girls is they speak english—I’ve been with several in Accra and always had a positive experience.

I was in Thailand once in 1997 for 3 weeks and of course had a great time. What about Nha Tran Vietnam or Hanoi? I’m looking for one cool place to base out of that’s not too expensive and not to crazy. Any suggestions?

• Naughty Nomad September 19, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

Vietnam? Hell no. You need to go to the Philippines 🙂

7. Africascott September 19, 2011 at 4:50 am #

Hey Nomad,

I just read your 10 reasons to go to Ethiopia—um maybe—I’ll just go there. I’ve been thinking for a long time that just maybe the greatest looking African girls come from Ethiopia.

• Naughty Nomad September 19, 2011 at 7:40 pm #

It’s a pretty special place for me. Defiantly the best looking African girls I’ve seen..

8. Africascott September 19, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

The Phillippines might work but where in the Phillipines that would work for a year or more? Boracay sounds great for a while but wouldn’t that get a little small as well. Like your take on Freetown?

I love this site.

• Naughty Nomad September 20, 2011 at 11:35 am #

Boracay is great but yeah, way to small. Perhaps Manila or Cebu… Although admittedly they are not the most charming. But you will get tons of tail.

9. gavinmac November 17, 2011 at 6:02 am #

Hey, I just got back from Freetown. I was there for five nights. Ace’s was closed the whole time. Something about a management dispute that was being resolved in court. Word was that it would be reopening in a few days, so it has probably reopened by now.

I tried to go to Atlantic on a Monday night and it was closed that night, as was the Office. I tried to go to the Office another night, but it was closed for a private party, or not open yet, or closed already for the evening, I can’t remember as I was drunk. Paddy’s is closed permanently now. This was kind of the theme of my five nights there; I advise any visitors to ask around (ask hookers and street hustlers) about what is open on what night, what is happening, where people go, etc.

I stayed in Aberdeen. Went to Roy’s outdoor beach bar a few nights. It was pretty good, a few girls hanging around. There’s also a (new?) bar on Lumley Beach road called “O Bar” that gets a crowd. Late night I would go to the Casino Leone, large and decent bar in there with food. For dinner I normally ate at O’Casey’s Blues Bar (formerly called “Sports Bar”) which shares an entrance with the Office/Alex’s.

Lots of hookers out on Lumley Beach Road, most were pretty scary looking. I wasn’t overly impressed with Freetown’s nightlife, but I think my timing was just bad. I did find your guide very helpful. Cheers.

• Naughty Nomad November 17, 2011 at 11:50 am #

@gavinmac: You poor son of of bitch… aces was closed!? Dude… I feel terrible for you.

10. Si December 24, 2011 at 11:48 am #

Are Sierra Leonean girls really all that? Googling them does not return much eye candy…

And how about daygame or getting with girls outside Freetown?

• Naughty Nomad December 24, 2011 at 2:10 pm #

Go and see for yourself.. Outside Freetown it’s a little harder I imagine.

11. eldjay May 17, 2012 at 2:08 am #

Hi..great site…
    I want to try to go to W.A. Would you say sierre leone is a good place to start. ore is there other countries, that would be best for a newbie.
    You talk about rasisme, if i am white, how bad is it in sierre leone

• Naughty Nomad May 18, 2012 at 1:42 am #

Don’t worry about racism. It’s minimum. I recommending ending in Freetown.

12. coups June 26, 2012 at 5:38 am #

Hey, Mr Nomad, F***king awesome website man.
    Me and my pal visited Gambia and Senegal last year, and came across your blog while researching the trip ( very helpful ) and youre Freetown account has inspired us to visit Sierra Leone next. We’re booking asap hopefully and wanted to ask you a few things.
    Did you venture out of the city? How did you get there? Can I faceclose your ass and ask you a few more things on there 😉 ?

13. kalakuta July 31, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

O yea! Freetown in a word; Girls Girls, Girls!!. Love it. Was there last year. its the city I fucked the most girls in the shortest time(was there 8 days and got over 20 of em). Great adventure, I loved it so much am going again. Had to pay about half the girls I fucked though. The university girls made for the easiest catch. They are ever so willing to give, please whatever. Having a local to “run my games” for me made for a very easy, effortless way to find “fresh meat”. Acting the naive gentleman paid off big time. A fail-safe technique for me was appearing to be that “husband- material’ they fantasize about; God! you won’t believe how badly the rich girls in Freetown want to find a prince charming and sail away into the sunset.
    Word of advice from my experience, change hotels and your Sim card if you fuck a virgin. Surprisingly there are quite a few virgins in this fuck paradise.

14. Scottie Boy September 4, 2012 at 6:31 am #

Your website is a good read. Well organized with a lot of info that men need before they visit these countries.

I have been around a bit and was surprised to see that out of all the places in the world Sierre Leone is a place to go screw your brains out and hook up with a good one for a keeper.

So, that being said I guess I know where I am going on the next trip…Thanks Nomad!

If anyone knows any guides there that would be a plus!

15. jimmy khan March 9, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

Nomad really hats up for the great job you have done.really you have written everything in such a comprehensive way what men really want to know.
    could you please tell me what are the safest countries in africa but also full of fun and good chances of hooking up with babes.

16. jak April 13, 2013 at 2:54 pm #

hi is it safe there if you are a single traveler

• Naughty Nomad April 13, 2013 at 5:37 pm #

17. Thailand Tino June 13, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

NN I just found out about your website and I love it. I’ve been backpacking for 8 years but I never did Africa besides Morocco. I love Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, South America but now I’m ready to see what craziness Africa has to offer. If I can’t find someone to come with me do you think I’ll be ok in Sierre Leone alone? Let me know if you have some advice for me. Thanks =)

18. Ben November 27, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

NN your thoughts on owning property in Freetown, Sierra Leone?

• Naughty Nomad November 28, 2013 at 12:17 am #

Funny. It was the only country in West Africa I’d consider it.

19. Johny January 5, 2014 at 9:00 pm #

Ahhh man the world is soo small… First night in freetown I pulled her in Cuba beach bar! She was pretty easy in fact, but at least not a hooker as 99% of freetown chicks! Its actually her grandpa that’s saudi so its far away… Pretty crappy rose tattoo on her let hand, right? And she lost the Land rover, her old aussie ex-boyfriend sold it… haha 🙂

• Naughty Nomad January 5, 2014 at 9:10 pm #

That Saudi?? Yes! That’s hilarious.

20. cereal killer July 13, 2015 at 2:57 pm #

Can someone who was there after ebola problem what is changed? Want to go next month. Nothing here, the article seems to be old. If I understand from the news it is somehow hard to leave the country, and to go with the plain almost imposible. Blocked borders and stuff.
    also not so easy to use your credit card and so and so. tnx

21. Tungsten June 29, 2016 at 1:16 pm #

I went to Freetown in 2013 and 2015. Due to Ebola, bars were closed for a long time and many owners just gave up and left. Then because someone is trying to launch Aberdeen beach as a tourist destination (LOL) all the bars on the beach side of the road were bulldozed and so in October last year there were only three bars left. Am sure there will be more now . . .
    Shame, because although Freetown is an ant heap, the beach strip was great.

22. Larry October 24, 2016 at 11:04 am #

Freetown sounds great, but the African Women I am looking are Dark, Ebony skinned Women, Dark Chocolate Women, and Hot Brown Chocolate Women! I love Black Women of all shades of Brown but I prefer Dark Brown Skinned African women, so if I do go to this African sex tour one day, what safe African nation with the most Darker Skinned African women?

• Mark Zolo October 24, 2016 at 11:15 am #

Most dark is South Sudan/Uganda/Congo

1. Top 10 Destinations in West Africa | Naughty Nomad - September 4, 2011

[…] are Grade A. Beers are cheap too. Freetownians really know how to have a good time. Check out my Freetown city guide for more […]