[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Smoking tolerance: 2 / 5

Bachelor’s budget: $70 per day

Beer: $4 a pint
Bed: $35 for a daily apartment
Bud: 80 AZ ($100) per matchbox
Food: $3.50 for a kebab

Baku is one of the world’s great cities. The walled old town oozes medieval Eurasian charm, while the ocean walkway, fountain filled squares and pedestrianised tree-lined streets wouldn’t look out of  place in rich Monte Carlo or Dubai. The center is so clean you could eat off the ground, the girls dress like life’s a catwalk, and the nightlife is the best in Caucasus. (That’s not saying much though, I personally prefer Yerevan’s vibe, but Baku rates no.8 in the world according to Lying Planet…joke). It may be pricey than Armenia and Georgia, but get what you pay for. Great city.

Aysel Teymurzadeh

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to City Guide: Baku, Azerbaijan

1. coco December 20, 2012 at 7:40 am #

how is lebanon your 2nd hardest flag, you ranked beirut 3/5
    while georgia was ranked 2/5….little confused with the scoring comparison?
    lucky you met 1 of the few atheists girls there otherwise theyd rank lower on the hook up in baku
    you seem to really like the dark sultry girls dont ya

2. Baku sucks! December 26, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Probably someone bribed Lonely Planet editor to have Baku in the top 10 best night life cities :), cause I can’t think of any other explanation.
    I have lived in Baku long enough, believe me, night life in Baku is terrible. I would put it to the list of world’s worst 10 nightlife cities.
    And what you will find in the pubs mentioned in the article is only gray haired British guys having their second youth with prostitutes 25 years younger than them.
    Plus; Baku is one of the world’s most expensive cities. And probably the worst according to the quality of what you get with the amount of money you paid.

• Angus Thermopyle July 23, 2015 at 4:02 am #

I agree. Baku sucks ass. Dirty, polluted, way too much smoking and idiot reckless driving. This guy says Baku is clean? WTF? Obviously either not been there or too shit-faced to notice. The place is like a painted pile of pig shit. Oh right, ask the Turkish guys for weed…Which ones are the friggin Turkish guys? Turkish and Azeri are mutually intelligible, there are only small differences, even less than US English and UK English. This advise is dead wrong, don’t ever go to Baku expecting anything. In fact, you cannot easily even come to Baku without an invite and a visa. Save your money and go elsewhere.

• Mark Zolo July 23, 2015 at 5:40 pm #

Are you Armenian by any chance?

3. Baku is the best city for sex June 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

I’m from Estonia, and I wanna say 2 things: 1) Azeri girls are the most beautiful girls in all over Southern Europe. 2) Baku nightlife is one of the best that I’ve seen! I picked up 5 beautiful girls in 4 days!

• Pdiddy July 2, 2014 at 5:07 pm #

Hi Buddy,

I am international business traveler and I tell you straight .. BAKU is bullshit &
      and is very very corrupt !!!! Behind Nigeria the worst EVER I have seen.

Picking up some girls is simple on some lokation but very expensive. Who pay’s € 200.- (night) for a 6-7 girl? Beside the girls are very hairy.

I have visisted Baku a few times allways 2-3 weeks.

Good places to me are Ukraine, Moskau, Wladiwostok, Asia: BKK (1-2 nights max!!) Vietnam, Malaysia, Maccau.

Cheers

• Dev March 15, 2016 at 8:10 pm #

Are you serious

4. Diana October 13, 2013 at 11:13 pm #

I’m foreign and I live in Baku and this is the most accurate shit I’ve ever read and it really made me laugh.

• Jeyhun August 7, 2016 at 9:45 pm #

Diana where are you from?

5. asma November 16, 2013 at 11:15 am #

hi good

6. David June 22, 2014 at 10:18 pm #

Baku girls are the most in proportionate (legs vs height) & hairy I ever slept with, if you add a self esteem which is a way far from reality = stay home when there. The only positive are grey haired alco/welders….

7. Sonic June 27, 2015 at 7:02 pm #

You cunts are gay nerds who cant get women in ur own countries

8. Ken April 3, 2016 at 7:26 pm #

Hey eveyone . Anyone can guide me to where i can get weed in Baku as I am flying to baku on Fri the 8th April 2016.

And i will stay there for 7 nights to have fun and enjoy my time could i get me some green and could tell me how much it will cost me for some good qaulity without beibg ripped off

9. Tulâk May 8, 2016 at 3:26 pm #

I spent about 2.5 weeks in Baku recently and had a great time. Nightlife is pretty non existent but the girls are very sweet. I had 3 girls there in rotation and I never ONCE payed for anything when we went out. Generosity seems to be their strong suit.
    PDA is a big no no here, I was told before eurovision came there, you could be fined for kissing in public.

10. EMOVICA May 20, 2016 at 7:32 am #

hi friends, am a nigeria young guy and am planning to come over to azerbaijan to work as a beautician and female hair stylist.please can I make it

11. Adnan October 15, 2016 at 9:52 pm #

Hi… i wana viist Baku in October.. let me inform about markets and sea areas. What abput night life and girls.
    Wana do fill fun for 5 nights package

12. James January 25, 2017 at 5:24 pm #

Honestly, I believe Baku is the greatest city in that region. I think it is way better than Istanbul, Moscow and Dubai. It is a mixture of Monaco but with a Middle-Eastern charm. It reminds me of an Alladin fiction. Baku is unique in a way. Local population are very friendly, however it is better to skip Azeri women as they more like a ‘marriage material’ which means they wouldn’t party with you like animal with sex afterwords. I think Baku is underestimated because it is really hard to get there with a little promotion on TV. Baku is def my fav place.

1. The Year in Review | Naughty Nomad - December 29, 2012