2016 has started with a blast. (Hell, yesterday I had sex in a cable car ascending the Pyrenees mountains before a spot of zip lining.)
It’s good to be back on the road.
As is tradition I’m posting my New Year’s resolutions and looking back at the successes and failures of 2015.
Let’s look at last year’s goal:
- Release my NYC guide book.
- Visit 7 new countries.
- Get certified to sail bareboat.
- Lift very heavy things.
So how did I do?
- Check. I released Naughty Nomad’s Guide to NYC in October.
- Epic Fail. I ended up extending my US visa and only left NYC in Dec, choosing to stack cash rather than spend it. Also, I realize that I’m not going to die anytime soon. I can slow down a little.
- Half-Check. I took my sailing experience to the next level by getting my coastal cruising cert, but choose not to pursue bareboat. I didn’t see the need. I’m already able to handle a boat, both legally and technically, and I don’t see the point paying a small fortune for another course at this moment.
- Half-check. In retrospect, my lifting goals were far too ambitious. I pushed myself so hard I put my back out at one stage. Bad idea. From now on I’m leaving ego out of the gym.
Here are my goals for 2016.
I’m be in Morocco for the rest if January and then I’m hitting up Denmark. After, I’ll only need to visit 4 more countries before September to reach my goal. As I have only four more countries left to finish Europe, I might just finish ticking off those boxes.
2. Finish the Mexican Pirate Book
I’m currently 8 chapters deep in my third book, the sequel to Naughty Nomad. Without doubt, it’s my best work yet and I’m really looking forward to people reading it.
Writing is a slow process for me. Ideally, I’d like to have it published this year, but if I get it off to the editors by September I’ll be happy.
3. Commence Project R
I’ve been two years working on an ambitious expedition that will be of great personal satisfaction to me. Provided things fall in to place, and I can put last pieces of the puzzle in place, 2016 will be the year it finally happens. Expect super cool news in Nov/Dec.
What’s your New Year Resolutions?
Take a look at some these other resources for inspiration.
3 ways to make Better New Year’s Resolutions by Return of Kings
How to Keep Your New Years Resolutions By Using Your Reptilian Brain by Danger & Play