Bucharest City Guide

City Center Street

Bucharest in a word: Acceptable.
C.O.H: 3 / 5
Q.O.G: 4 / 5
S.T.L: 1 / 5

Beer: Around  €1.30 for a pint.
Bed: €13 for a private room
Bud: €15 per gram (hash)
Board: €3 for a pizza.
Budget other: Beware of currency con-artists.

Bucharest is an acceptable, walkable city but pales in comparison to other Romanian cities. To give you some perspective: it’s not as memorable as Belgrade but it has a lot more character than Sofia.

Christina Dumitru

When you get to Bucharest you will be merry. Romanians girls are foxy.  They are slight and splendidly cute; stylish and pretty bright. One thing you will notice about Bucharest is couples have no problem making out in public. The girls are quite liberal in this regard. Although its not quite as easy to close here as the Eastern Slavic countries, it’s a great place for dating. From my experience the girls in other Romanian cities are much more friendly than those in Bucharest. That said, the quality here is hard to beat. A lot of the younger generation speak English and peakcocking garners a good deal of interest. Negs will knock the chicks down a peg or two (a lot of them need it).

Nightlife Recommendations

The nightlife is slightly dispersed. The old town/Lipscani has the biggest concentration of bars.

B52

Lots of cute student girls and cheap booze. If you want to cut out the middle man go to Piranha which is actually on campus!

Control Club

Kind of a hipster place, the girls here are a little alternative but receptive. I had a great time here. It has a kind of underground feel to it and often has live bands. It also has a lively bar and a dance floor. Busy most nights.

Getting High (courtesy of webehigh.com)

Legislation: Very strict. You can’t be arrested for consumption but 1g in your pocket, if found, means jail for sure.

Law Enforcement: Undercover cops in most of the clubs, pubs, bars. Usual policemen knows the look and smell of weed, so home is the best place to enjoy your smoking.

Where to buy Marijuana in Bucharest: Just friends and friends of friends. Asking ppl on the street or clubs is a bad idea. Don’t try to get hooked up from people you don’t know. It’s also more likely to find hash than weed. Where NOT to buy marijuana: clubs, bars, discos; suburban, ghetto-like areas; concerts or public events. In general, in Romania marijuana or hash can be bought safely only from people you know. Don’t buy from strangers !

Prices:

Depending on where it came from, prices/gram are variable:
10-14 eur for better romanian weed [will get you going] 15-25 eur for imports [from Germany or The Netherlands – real good stuff] 20 eur for the best hash you’ll ever smoke [Made in Romania]

My Bucharest Experience

I enjoyed this city. I also had success hooking up, but instead of a Romanian girl I end up with a Norwegian. I’m definitely not complaining.

, , , , , ,

19 Responses to Bucharest City Guide

1. Matt November 19, 2010 at 3:48 am #

hey nice post, i have read somewhere that romanian girls are easy to pick up though?
    looking forward to more european countries rviews…. maybe poland or spain?

• naughtynomad November 20, 2010 at 4:06 pm #

I might whip up a post on Krakow. My mate just went to Bucharest and hooked up by arranging a date online. I found the surrounding non-EU countries easier to pick up.

• cereal killer March 23, 2015 at 6:10 am #

A lot of mens of Romania (and I am agree with them, I am from Ro also)

-in Bucharest usually will find material girl with a cold heart, even if they are pretty. Cheap whores you can have with 15-20 eur (and are beautiful). Timisoara (Arad is a better choice in the area) is somehow the same but not so many handsome girls.
        -in the north-west of Ro Transilvania area have not so beautiful womens but friendly (Sibiu, Cluj, and so and so)
        -Very beautiful and also friendly girls are in Moldavia, north-east of Ro, they also have strong influence by Ukraine genetics. Iasi, Suceava and all the area recommended. Also there are not a turistic area (only monasteries have turists in Moldavia).
        -Oltenia in the south…small girls with not so nice manners. I don;t like them.
        – P.S…I was surprised about some small city near Bucharest…Calarasi have incredible girls.
        – In Constanta at the sea there are…a lot of pirates :))

Hope the info it’s useful.

• Khalifa July 26, 2016 at 9:07 pm #

Bro how I find some weed in brasov I need to smoke soon no medical marijuana dispensaries around this area

2. Jacqui Hourani January 17, 2011 at 8:18 am #

Hi I found this web site by mistake when i was searching yahoo for this situation, I’ve to say your web page is genuinely beneficial I also like the theme, its awesome!. I do not have the time at the second to fully read your web-site but I have bookmarked your web site and also signed up for the RSS feeds. I will likely be back in each day or two. thanks for an excellent web-site.

3. Brazmerican June 1, 2011 at 2:34 am #

Hey NN… I read in another site that one of favorite cities in all of EE is Brasov. Why no write-up?
    By the way I’ll be in Skopje in June thanks to you! Any updates on the better clubs or bars?
    Thanks and keep up the good work!

• Naughty Nomad June 1, 2011 at 2:27 pm #

@Brazmerican: Funny, I’m in Skopje in 2 days. I’ll let you know. I don’t have any good info on Brasov… it was a ghost town when I was there (mid week in the depths of winter), nice place though, but there’s plenty of better places in the region.

4. Brazmerican June 1, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

Thanks for the reply NN! However, I’m not trying to call you out on this, but this is from one of your posts.

75% of Romanian come from Latin and its actually is the purest derivative..
    It terms of top cities in EE.
    My favourites place is:

Tallinn, Estonia.Heart

then:

Budapest, Hungary
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Krakow, Poland
    Brasov, Romania

The reason this is so important to me is like I said, not to call you out, but because I’m basing a lot of your trip on stuff you’ve written, and I really like the idea of Romania without Bucharest. So….. any ideas other than Brazov or Bucharest? My game is based on meeting “normal” girls in second tier cities, where there’s less labeling going on.
    I know you’re a busy man, but with fame comes responsibility! 😉
    p.s. Can we expect an update on Skopje soon?

• Naughty Nomad June 1, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

@Brazmerican: That post was written previous to the Siege of the Adriatic and my visit to Ukraine and Belarus. My ranking have changed BIG TIME. I’d put Kiev, Montenegro, Sarajevo and Hvar island all above Brasov now…
      Skopje update coming soon!

5. Mr K November 26, 2012 at 1:58 am #

Bucharest is amazing!!! Its cheap, there is plenty f nightlife, and the girls are stunning. I think that 7 out of 10 are stunning girls, with the highest ratio I have seen in my life. Further, the girls are attracted to men from the west. So if you speak English or say you are from western Europe you have a great chance to get laid!!

Further, there are the prostitutes. Again most of them are way above average. And the price is low. Typically between 10 and 30 USD. For more info check out this page: anuntul.ro (and go to “matriminial” and “ea cauta partener)”. And then use google translate. Its amazing. It usually works this way that you call the girl, and then you give the phone to the taxi driver, who then takes you there. However, its not all the girls that speak English, but its worth the effort 😉

6. m January 9, 2015 at 10:25 am #

when will there be an update for this article? it was written in 2010….i suggest you go back and check out the city again 😉

7. LRC January 20, 2015 at 12:34 am #

A hot Romanian girl walked right up to me one night in Lipscani recently and picked me up!
    I was sitting alone at a terrace table outside on of the bars there having a beer minding my own business (I think the bar was called Bazaar) and she was with a table full of friends next to me.
    Ended up dating her for almost 3 months and the sex was amazing!
    She used to drop her clothes at the drop of a hat and come sit on my lap and ask me if I wanted to fuck her while we were alone drinking together in her flat!!

8. Gags March 11, 2015 at 9:05 am #

We are about 6 friends, all stags planning to visit Eastern Europe in the end of June and July for say 12-14 nights, could you please assist us with some good options. we want to stay at a place for minimum 2 nights and don’t want to hurry it up.

Thanks

• Naughty Nomad March 13, 2015 at 6:05 pm #

Google Dom Torres. That guy just came from living there and will give you better info.

9. Kim May 8, 2015 at 6:42 am #

This is so sad.

10. Florian March 13, 2016 at 4:39 pm #

I’ll go to bucharest with 4 friends and we will stay for a week. Any updates / hints for good places to hook up? Best Club you have been to?

11. Khalifa July 26, 2016 at 9:12 pm #

Where’s the best area to get weed/hash?

12. Londoner September 25, 2016 at 2:47 am #

Yoo people, I will be joining this Bucharest hype very soon… booked to go in january – I hope its as easy as some have said on here.
    I would also liketo know isit worth booking a table at a top club or shall we just stay in lipscani area ?

Peace out dudes.