2018 is the year I reap the harvest I’ve sown for the last few years.
So how did I do concerning last year’s resolutions? To remind you they were:
- Finish the first draft of my Mexican Pirate Book by June 1st
- Build to €25,000 in savings.
- Visit 4 new countries
So how did I do?
- A+ | Check. I finished the first draft a month early.
- A+ | Smashed it. Thanks to crypto gains and an enlightening chat with a mortgage advisor, I not only made my goal but sped up my life plans by nearly a whole year, investing in my first piece of real estate.
- B | 3 out of 4. I was a country short and only visited three new countries: Colombia, Canada and Iran.
Here are my goals for 2018.
1. Get the Keys to My New Real Estate Investment
Construction has been painfully slow and behind schedule, but luckily the delay will only cost me my patience.
The May deadline will likely be pushed back significantly. At this stage if I get the keys by the end of the year I’d be happy.
Regardless, because I bought on plan, I’ll automatically be up 30k the day I get the keys. It’s a central two-bedroom apartment a two minute walk from the seafront. Aside from the capital appreciation, it will produce handsome returns and some nice passive income.
2. Publish My New Mexican Pirate Book
(Or at least finish the editing process)
I’m one month away from finishing the first round of edits and then it’s on to copyediting (which should take 6-9 months).
My biggest delay right now is that I’m waiting on friends to make amendments. Cover is already done. Ideally I’d like an October release, but I’m not getting my hopes up. I want to make sure this book is awesome for you guys, so I’m taking my time and doing it right.
Worst case scenario I have to hold off for an early release in 2019.
3. Visit at least 3-4 new countries
I’ve already booked 4 trips for 2018, but all of them are in Europe (a continent I’ve already dominated). I honestly have no idea what the newbies will be, but I’m looking east.
As I said in year in review 2017 I’d like to go to at least one ‘hotspot’ like North Korea or Afghanistan. Other destinations I’m eyeing up are South and East Asia. I might also be moving to Thailand for a month to train MMA with my brothers. We shall see…
4. Make Six Figures in Crypto
This is probably overly ambitious, but fuck it.
I 10xed my portfolio last year (by investing in bitcoin and other cryptos) and if the market continues it’s bull run there is no reason I can’t do it again.
I made a ton of mistakes last year (I could have 30xed) and I’ve learned from them. I’ve taught myself how to trade, do fundamental and technical analysis, and now I’ve no excuses.
Obviously this goal depends on the market, but right not I’m thriving in it.
To the mother-fucking moooooon!
What’s your New Year Resolutions?
Take a look at some these other resources for inspiration.
3 ways to make Better New Year’s Resolutions by Return of Kings
How to Keep Your New Years Resolutions By Using Your Reptilian Brain by Danger & Play