City Guide: Belgrade, Serbia

Belgrade panorama

Belgrade in a word: Hormonal.

Chance of Hooking up: 3 / 5
Quality of Girls: 5 / 5
Nightlife: 4.5 / 5
Smoking tolerance: 3.5 / 5

Bachelor’s budget: $60 per day.

Beer: $2-3 for a beer.
Bed: Private rooms from $10. Apartments from €30.
Bud: $10-15 per gram.
Food: $3  for a stuffed hamburger.

Belgrade is a great city to visit in summertime. Serbians are friendly and know how to live life. The city is also famous for having “the best nightlife in Eastern Europe”, but it’s completely over-rated. However, one title the city could claim is the one for “world’s most beautiful women”. The city itself is not as pretty as other Balkan capitals, like Ljubljana or even Zagreb, but it certainly beats the likes of Bucharest, Tirana or Sofia. The grandeur and views from the fortress gives the city an edge.

Facial composite of average Serbian woman

Appearance: Frankly, if the women of Belgrade don’t deserve a 5/5 rating, then nowhere does. Every guy in my crew said it was the best they’ve ever seen. (Granted there was a lot of skin on show with the heat.) Only my experience in Kiev compares. Serbian women are quite tall. Average height is 171cm (5’7). The majority of women have dark hair, but you find more blondes here than anywhere in the Balkans. They have pretty faces and they take great care of their bodies. You will almost never see a fat chick.

Demographics:  Belgrade has a population of 1.7 million. Around 90% are ethnic Serbs, with other groups from former Yugoslavia making up most of the rest.

Attitudes: Serbians are a proud people. As such, they go out of their way to make a good impression. I expected to them to be cold like Moscowvites, but was pleasantly surprised. In fact, I found they were some of the nicest people in all of Eastern Europe. The country is still larger off-the-radar for tourists, so foreigners still have a degree of exotic capital and receive a warm welcome as a result. Serbian women are slightly more conservative than those in Western countries, Croatia and Slovenia, but they are more liberal than Macedonians, Albanians and Bosnians.

Gaming Strategy: Ask most guys who visit the city and they will say the same thing: Day game is king. The streets are literally teeming with hot girls during daylight. At night, it’s harder. Girls often go out in mixed groups and most of the late venues with quality women have Russian-style don’t-move-from-table bottle service. Serbian girls are pretty approachable, nonetheless and their level of English is really good, too. I was quite surprised. The best spots for day game is Republic Square and the main pedestrian street, Kneza Mihaila.

The Dirt

AccommodationThere are many websites for apartment rental in Belgrade. If you’re travelling in the summer, make sure you book a place at least a month or two in advance. Stay as near as possible to Republic Square. We stayed in Apartment Summer with Basco Apartments. I highly recommend it. Other sites to check out are Belgrade-Apartment and My-Apartment-Belgrade.

Getting High: Weed was surprising easy to get your hands on. You just have to ask around with young people around the likes of Republic Square. Expect to pay $10-20 an 1/8. A 5 gram bag will cost around $50.

Gym: Check out Green Zone gym. They do day passes for €5 and have everything you need.

The Nightlife

There are two types of venues in Belgrade: summer venues and winter venues. This guide only provides info for Summer venues. Many of these come in the form of ‘splavs’. These are basically boat clubs on the rivers. The best of them are on the Sava river.

While Belgrade is some kicking 7 nights a week and somewhat earns it’s reputation, I can’t give the nightlife 5/5. The quality of venues is terrible. Most decent places a) require males to reserve tables in advance b) only do bottle service and encourage you to stay at your table and c) are pretentious as balls and play terrible techno turbofolk horseshit that makes you want to drill your brains out.

Anyway, it’s not all bad..

Obilicev Venac Street

This is a small strip of pubs. It’s a good place to pre-drink for the night ahead.

Time Out Klub

Time Out

I’m only mentioning this place because it attracts some the best looking women in the city. There are 8s and 9s a plenty. Also, it’s busy. It was even packed on a Tuesday.  However, I can’t recommended this place. Firstly, it’s a 15 minute taxi ride from the center. You also need to reserve a table in advance (call 064 444 27 16). But it’s suffer from the same problem most Belgrade spots suffer from—it’s extremely bad for mingling. It has no dance floor or bar and you must order from your table. Everybody is stuck in their own spot. That means you have to approach closely knit mixed groups who are often hostile to strangers joining their table. This is place to ‘be seen’, but not to have fun. All the same, it’s worth a gamble to go for a few hours just to see the level of talent and try your luck in the outdoor area. Facebook here.

Povetarac Splav

Most Belgradians will scoff at me for putting this place as my no.1 spot. It’s almost the polar opposite to the club next door, River. It has no dress code, they serve beer in plastic clubs, and it’s super laid back. No matter where we went, we always ended up back at this place. There are three reasons why I liked it. 1) It’s attracts a crowd every night. 2) The DJs were AMAZING and played everything from Mo-Town to Calvin Harris 3) The girls are cool and a mix of foreigners and liberal locals. The only problem is the quality can be hit or miss and the male to female ratio can really suck. Regardless, this place was by far the most craic and my crew and I had few problems pulling here.

Facebook here.

Povetarac

Povetarac

My Belgrade Experience

It was my second time in the city. My first time was tame as I was travelling with a Scandinavian girl in the middle of winter. This time around, we were five lads on a 3-day piss up. Everybody loved the city! One night, we invited a load of girls from Povetarac back to our apartment for an after party. Result. I bedded a sultry Greek  and my bro was with a cute local. Wanting to meet some Serbs myself, I also went on dates with two local girls my last day. I didn’t get my Serb flag until Novi Sad though—and she found this blog the next day! She was cool about it though. She’s probably reading this right now. Hey babe, make sure you get your sexy ass to Ireland before the wedding!

I also met with forum member Omsy for a coffee. Cool guy.

Experience of Others

Omsy, a 20-something Englishman of Egyptian decent, had this to say…

The girls here are truly beautiful. They are slim, they now how to dress, and they have very pretty faces as well. People are very tall, including the girls (especially with heels). The city itself has a genuine feel to it, not yet affected by mass exodus of tourists which I liked, the negative to this factor is that it can become very clicky. In the summer, during the day, I noticed most people like to hang in the cafes, from around midday to 11 pm, they hang out in tight groups and I found it hard to integrate into these groups via cold approaches.

My general view is that you will have more fun if you know a few locals in the city, I feel the barriers are broken more easily when a) you can speak Serbian and b) you are introduced to people and considered a somewhat local. Furthermore, due to the clicky nature of the place, you have to be extremely active in approaching and making opportunities happen.

Other Resources

Why not check out more cheeky City Guides?

For more info on Serbia, or if you have any questions, check out the links below or leave a comment.

Belgrade Discussion Thread

Serbian women: the perfect combo by Maverick Traveller

The Belgrade Diaries by Krauser

Ultimate Guide to Belgrade Women by Ben Akiba rvf

Belgrade Data Sheet by Polish Rumble rvf

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

25 Responses to City Guide: Belgrade, Serbia

1. krauserpua July 29, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

Thanks for the shout out. I concur with this guide. It matches my experience.

• chris July 2, 2015 at 8:35 pm #

03/07/15 just come back from Belgrade. if you like skinny women it will be heaven, if you like curvier girls there are not many 🙁

shooting range is fun you can fire different hand guns.

the main mall ucla i think its called can be better than the streets and good when its raining.

boutique in republic square does really good food, big portions, salads, pastas, fresh juices (recommend tropic fresh and super detox, moca irish dream, moca tirsmasu) good place for instant dates/day2’s as has sofas upstairs with Wi-Fi.

+381 is dailing code as i accidently used 385.

bring a unmbrella and coat as it does rain
      bring running shoes for daygame as its a long road if you go up it a lot of times 😉

there are quite a few guys doing daygame on the street, some girls have been approach 3-4 x that day before you approach be aware of this.

also recommend “moon” good place for day2’s sofas romantically lit does cheap cocktails but shuts at 12 at night perfect for bouncing girl back.

lots of girls in the day are with there mum and in 2’s so id get comfortable approaching groups before you go.

as for night, the boat clubs don’t tend to get busy before 1am.

shake n shake with table service 80euros, don’t bother just go to the bar as its easier to approach the girls. be prepared for girls at table to pretend and they don’t speak English depending on your game.

like i say if you like tall or short thin/slim girls that many are flat chested and flat bums in the day like so http://www.fashionshowon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Casual-Wear-for-Slim-Women-2012.jpg youl like Belgrade but if like me you like busty, curvy, peachy bum latina types like this:

you wont see many atal.

best opener in day: “excuse me…you look like you speak Serbian”
      don’t use “do you speak English” as many will say no and keep walking even if they do but again depends on your game/non verbals.

• chris July 2, 2015 at 8:45 pm #

ps. when you get to the airport be wary of taxi drivers, they may try ripping you off, charging 4000 Serbian dinars from airport to republic square, when it should cost 1500. or take the bus for 300 and will be a 15-20min walk up the road.

if you get a taxi look for the last 2 letters of the licence place to have TX on it. as this will be an official taxi if not you may get ripped off.

to get from republic square to boats should be around 500 if the taxi guy is fair.

girls use viber a lot, so download that.

if pipelining (badoo) get girls number before you go and keep in contact before you go as they tend to flake but was my experience might not be yours

2. splooge July 30, 2013 at 10:23 am #

a guy thats into dark features in women gave a perfect 5 to nation with many blondes. thats saying alot….gotta book my flight then

whos getting married your big bro?congratulations.
    now when will you be tying the knot zolo?

• Naughty Nomad July 30, 2013 at 1:03 pm #

@Splooge. It’s her wedding!
      I know, bad form.

3. Socialkenny August 1, 2013 at 3:06 am #

Decent review. It’s not a place I ever thought of visiting but the photos give it a workability for my style and the chicks I like picking up.

4. Mark August 1, 2013 at 9:23 am #

Hey Mark
    do you reckon a darker Brazilian looking guy have a lot of exotic capital in Serbia?
    I’m asking cause i have never been there

5. gtd August 2, 2013 at 1:42 pm #

when will you make ljubljana city guide? i am very interested in reading it

6. deb auchery August 5, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

Nice and accurate write up.

Do not go to Serbia to slay, because you wont, unless your a pro-basketball player with a 12 inch cock.

Serbian women can be real bitches, the best thing to do is ignore them – they hate this, their ego cannot cope with it.

Making friends with Serbian guys is imperative, the Serbian guys are usually cool and fun to hang out with. Do not roll Solo.

Yes Belgrade nightlife is overrated, it’s something of a 24/7 city, although not like it used to be due to new licensing laws. As Zolo said the clubs are very pretentious and clicky, with expensive bottle service, and frosty bitches.

Day game is a lot of fun, Lake Ada, Kalemegdan, Knez Mihailova etc.

7. Dejan B December 18, 2013 at 10:37 pm #

If someone need a good place for rent in Belgrade, visit http://bgapartmani.com/

8. Majstor December 20, 2013 at 11:45 pm #

Few more tips from Serbian guy:

– Dont exchange money in regular banks they will rob you. Exchange it in private exchange offices. Seems crazy but you will loose like 5% in banks.

– If you are rich or you can act like rich (spend 200-300 euros in a cafe) go to Stefan Braun club. There you can get laid easy as type of chicks going there are only for money. Just talk to them nice things and that you can buy them new cell phone or such and thats it, of course if you like that kind of girls but they dont deserve better.

– Daygame is the winner. As a stranger you have twice better chances than serbian guy. Just ask couple of them about where to go or something and ask them to go out with you… Of course you will get some NOs but will probably get someone very fast. 2-3 of you starting 2-3 girls will work the best.

9. Alen June 16, 2014 at 3:31 pm #

Yep, definitely check out Kalemegdan, Ada, Zemun. Just wanted to add another great website with excellent selection for short term rental apartments: srbija-nekretnine.org/short-term-rentals/belgrade-apartments. That’s where I’ve found an apartment for me. They are well furnished and in the center of Belgrade.

10. Mike June 30, 2014 at 2:13 am #

Ok Belgrade for most men is window shopping you can look but you can’t touch, so why the hell should I leave New Jersey fly thousands of miles, waste thousands of dollars? when I can get rejected here? The chance of hooking up is 3 / 5 and is not that good and this is close to like New York City 2 / 4 maybe 5 because NYC is Alpha man/female capital and this city attracts the best and brightest…
    Consent rejection has lower my expectations, I would rather have the reverse of appearance 3 and availability 5, Nice looks but almost guaranteed dates,
    So Belgrade is out.
    I assume the 1 to 5 * 2 = so 6 would be the average women but easy to meet.
    Here In NJ were single young men outnumber single young women, even picking up a 6 is a challenge for most men and the women here know it.
    New Jersey girls are in the 3-5 range but unless you make 60000 a year or have really good looks dating here is very stressful for the average Joe and the here women know it.
    Laura Prepon is from NJ. wish I could post her photo…
    http://www.indexmundi.com/serbia/demographics_profile.html this site shows the Male / Female ratio of Belgrade…

• Mike June 30, 2014 at 2:18 am #

Sorry for the repeat phase and meant Serbia, I also know a few people from Serbia here and they usually prefer their own ethnic group.

• cereal killer March 3, 2015 at 11:33 pm #

Mike, you are right. I live at 70km from Beograd and i am not agree with some things from article. More chances to awake interest in Zrenianin or Novi Sad than in Beograd. Girls have luck with the good genetics only because eat a lot of junk food and still look very good. In the all places where I was in 20 years never saw beautiful girls like in Beograd – South America, Africa or Asia.Yes…but…english is almost useless in Serbia, they live in a closed universe here, and is available in more slavic countries not only here (in Bulgaria girls have a very cold heart). In Beograd girls prefer local guys and keep distance to foreigners…also local guys are aggressive with non local guys sometimes (specially with italians). And dont foget, was a serious war here recently when US killed them, and a lot of people still hate or despise american guys or are not friendly with english speakers.
        Montenegro girls are not so beautiful but much more friendly. Not mention about greek girls, wich in my opinion is no1 in the balkan list because they are with that crisis there very hungry for mens, specially if you go to the gym seriously – greek boys are almost all of them very lazy and with a no muscle body. Greek girls are much more approachable (i am romanian so no interest to keep their parts).

• Nikola September 6, 2015 at 9:26 pm #

Yes,go to Montenegro.The girls are hairy and rustic,but they are easy laid.Dont worry,they have whole scale of sexually transmitted deceases.

11. Travel&Flag August 6, 2014 at 8:55 am #

I have spent 3 nights in Serbia, one night I bedded one local Serbian girl and the other night one girl Sloveia. Just like mentioned above, day game is the king here. My scores happened like that while I did the day game around Kalemegdan and Knez Mihajlova. At Kalemegdan there is a spot with a great view of Tuna river, chick go there as group of two or three to hang out. They quite like the tourists and it is really easy to talk with them. It is better if you have a wingman to approach to a group though. Also, cafes in Knez Mihajlova are great place for day game. I suggest to sit next to a table with couple beautiful girls in a nice cafe, order a nice Serbian wine (which is pretty good accoring to EU wine standards btw) and start conversation. Denial rate is pretty low.

I suggest you rent an appartment in the city. As I talked with the local girls, I understand that they are conservative if you invite them to a hotel room. They are a little bit shy about this, but if you rent an apartment, all is fine with it.

For clubs, I have tried my chance on the first night without any day game on the club Stefen Braun. The music was fine, the drinks are expensive, the girls are all in packed groups and not that approachable…aaand Partizan basketball players walked into the club soooo no results for that night 🙂 The other days I just did the day game, knocked few bears with the girls and ended up at home directly! Once again, day game is king in Belgrade!!!

12. LRC January 20, 2015 at 12:58 am #

I also spent months in Belgrade and must say it is also my all time favourite city!
    I don’t know why Mike for NY is complaining… maybe they hate Americans there?
    I was dating 4 hot Serbian girls there and literally had the best sex with one of them that I’ve had in years.
    I love Belgrade so much I’m proud to say I’m in the process of moving there permanently next month 🙂

13. LRC January 20, 2015 at 1:15 am #

One more tip about meeting girls in Belgrade… go to Skadarlija and some of the bars on the surrounding streets like Blow Up Bar and Pub Brod.
    You’ll have a MUCH better chance at these places than on the Splavs or the high end table service nightclubs.

14. Local November 22, 2015 at 4:03 pm #

Obilicev venac IS in the city centre. It’s whole 40-50 m away from Republic Square. You can walk there in 2 mins. So I guess you got RIPPED OFF BIG TIME. I guess you got in a taxi at Republic Square and the sneaky taxi driver gave you scenic route around the whole Belgrade. I feel for you.

15. Maroon April 20, 2016 at 3:40 pm #

Oh my Gosh, the Women are very hungry there, I was fucking a hot sexy girl and during the lovely battle, she crashed my cock and I went to the hospital and the additional problem is one of the nurse (she is also hot), she tried to kiss and play with my penis on the bed, she had amazing tits.

1. Snapshot: Novi Sad, Serbia | Naughty Nomad - August 6, 2013

[…] For more detailed information on the Serbian look and character, check out my city guide on Belgrade. […]

2. Top 10 Countries for Girls in Eastern Europe | Naughty Nomad - May 21, 2014

[…] feminine and sexual. I gave them a 5/5 for the girls in Belgrade after my visit last summer (Check out the city guide here.) Need I say […]

3. Belgrad przy piwie cz. 1 - Choose travel. Choose life - March 24, 2015

[…] można by rozmawiać całą noc! Belgrad to miasto, co ma zgrabne, długie nogi i czarne włosy. Naughty Nomad ocenili Serbki z Belgradu na 5/5! Wybrałeś się którejś nocy do splavs, czyli barów na […]