This week, I finally sucked it up and joined the local gym. After reading so much great manosphere articles on the topic, I have become inspired. I have also decided to post this step publicly, so I may held accountable for my actions. I know what some of you are thinking…
You don’t lift Zolo!? Why are you only starting now?
Well, I’m not fat, I eat well, and I get laid regularly. When you’re bedding new chicks regularly, you think, what’s the point? My charm is enough, so why work towards a nicer body? I had other reasons, too. “I travel too much.” “It’s expensive.” “I don’t have the time.” Blah, blah, blah…
So…why bother then?
There are many reasons.
- I want to be sexier. I’ve a decent mug, I’m smart, I’ve good game, and I’m a true man of the world, but I feel I’ve plateaued. I want to improve my sex rank and date higher quality women. I want to date more top-tier women, so I need to be top tier, too. My body is the one thing about me that’s not matching up to the rest of the man I’ve become.
- I’m not 100% happy with my body. I’m average… and I refuse to be any longer. I want to finally get rid of that excess fat. I drink too much (and will continue to, I’m Irish after all), so I need to counteract that with a physical routine. I want to feel so good about my naked body I can walk naked through the streets and be proud, like a Spartan.
- I want to be stronger. After you’ve been being robbed and threatened in hell-zones, you need to able to protect yourself. I’ve never been beaten up, but there have been a few situations where I would have loved to kick some ass to prevent getting robbed or imprisoned. I also want to have to greater strength to throw chicas around the bedroom better. I want to have more stamina in certain positions and lift girls over my head when I give head. (I do this anyway, but I can only handle girls 50kgs or less.)
- I want to to feel better. I want to enhance my mood, my confidence, my testosterone levels, my energy levels, and my libido. Lifting is the answer.
- I need a challenge. In the last year, I’ve published a book, finished my masters, and taken down my 50th flag. While I’m proud of what I’ve achieved, it’s time for new goals and challenges. It gives my day meaning and makes me happy. It’s time to push my limits further. A man needs a project.
So what’s the game plan?
I’ve decided to go with the 5×5 stronglifts program. I’m a busy guy and this seems like the best fit… three days a week, less than an hour per session, with full-body compound exercises. It gets results. I’m not looking to become a bodybuilder. I just want to fulfill the goals above. After much research, I think I have it sussed. If any of you have a superior workout programs, please comment below and leave some suggestions.
12 weeks from now I will post my results. Wish me luck!
For those of you interested in starting your own journey to improving your strength, check out these other manosphere blogs.
(If I’ve forgotten any, let me know so I can add them to the list.)