Shoring 101: 7 Golden Rules

Jakarta, Indonesia

When I came up the term “Shoring“, I didn’t expect to get some many emails from skeptics asking the question:

“BS. How the hell do you get a “lady of the night” to bang you for free?”

Then I released something, Shoring is not just a buzz word, it’s an art form; one that took me several years to perfect. To date, I’ve shored dozens of exotic women in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean and never paid for it once. Through calibration and trial and error, I’m now an expert at it. Recently, I rolled into a club in Dili, East Timor, an environment with a 95% male ratio. Rather than poor Timorese guys,  these were beefed up Portuguese UN soldiers, all competing to pay for sex. Against all odds, I shored the hottest chick in the building. Her opportunity cost was easily $100, but she choose me. Personally I prefer “good girls”, but when supply and demand are unfavorable, what is a man to do?

There are ramifications to picking up hookers, like when a girl tells you “By the way, I’ve HIV“. But these girls fuck for a living, so they’re dam good at what they do. If the girl(s) genuinely like you, they will show you the best night of your life!

Excuse the pun, but the pros outweigh the cons.

“Right Naughty Nomad, get to the fucking point… what’s the secret!?”

Well kids, here are a few pick-up techniques I use to Shore. Class is now in session…

SHORING 101: 7  Golden Rules

1. Play it dumb.
    As far as you’re concerned she’s a normal girl having a normal conversation with you. Pretend like you have no idea she’s working. She might not be! Regardless, build the illusion for both parties. Avoid the question “What do you do for a living?”
  2. Play hard to get.
    Some hardened pros are very forward and will be all over you the within a few seconds. Say things like “Slow down” or “I’m Shy..” or “I’m not that easy!” This separates you from all the scumbags she’s used to. It build’s attraction, a kind of Neg/DHV combo.
  3. Don’t buy her a drink.
    This sets up an exchange mentality. If she requests one, deny her. Many pro’s make commission on lady’s drinks or some just want use you to get pissed. EXCEPTION: You don’t want to look cheap at the same time, only consider buying a drink if you bounce to new establishment. If she joins you to another bar without investment, it’s a big enough IOI to justify purchasing a drink for your “instant date”.
  4. Treat her like your girlfriend.
    Be a gentleman, have fun with her. Game her, but don’t escalate too quickly. Build an emotional connection. Be cheesy, not sleazy. Then, when the time is right…
  5. Kiss her.
    Don’t stick your tongue down her throat and grab her ass. Kiss her slow and passionately, savour it, give her butterflies. If you can do this, it becomes a completely different interaction.
  6. Be Careful about bringing up money
    This is important. I used to say “I don’t pay” right at the start of a conversation, a bad idea in retrospect as it offers no illusions. Now I try not to mention it during the entire interaction. If she brings it up just say “Sorry, love is free”. She will stick around or move on.
    Update: On recent trips to the Dominican Republic and Africa, I refute this. In some places, you NEED to bring it up before you go home. Otherwise you can get yourself into trouble! If nothing is said something it is just presumed. Trust your instincts.
  7. Close.
    When the time is right, you need to ask her the right way. Ones that have worked for me are: “If you want, you can come home with me…” or “I know it’s a bit forward, but I like you.. do you want to go back to my place?”. The main thing is to give here a choice, she can take it or leave it. She can get a wad of cash off some fat white sex tourist or she can experience intimacy and wild steamy sex with someone she actually likes… if you’ve run your game right, she will choose the latter. Have fun!!! Remember, these girls will do just about anything in bed!
    😉

Hope this guide helps. You can offer your experiences or ask me questions by leaving a comment below!

, , , , , , , , , ,

45 Responses to Shoring 101: 7 Golden Rules

1. Specialforces August 30, 2010 at 10:01 pm #

Solid info. Many thanks. Nomad, I love your blog! 🙂

“Game her, but don’t escalate too quickly.”
    Ah that’s the mistake I made when it didnt go well. It’s hard not to when she’s all dolled up, hot as balls and fooling around with you.

Have you succesfully shored in a high end european night club? That’d be the ultimate challenge I think.

Anyway, shoring is fun. Always protect yourself.

• naughtynomad August 31, 2010 at 12:59 am #

I’ve never encountered working girls in Europe actually… shoring tends to be a last resort in the developing world, I’d rather meet genuine girls. Glad you like the blog man 😉

• Specialforces September 1, 2010 at 5:44 pm #

Oh come on, you can’t resist an exotic superhottie, working girl or not, now can you? 😉 I know I can’t. 😀

2. nathan September 1, 2010 at 7:41 pm #

This blog is a goldmine, just hope to be able to visit some of these places at some point!

What’s the next city guide?

• naughtynomad September 2, 2010 at 8:39 am #

I’m actually leaving for the Balkans today! So expect some more Eastern European city guides 😉

3. mrkillian September 4, 2010 at 11:21 am #

solid tips man! i want some blog updates while you’re away haha

also, email me regarding that venture 😉 need info from you

4. diego March 1, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

I like this post and actually had some experiences like this in the past however what you did not mention is that after the action if she’s a working girl she will most likely ask for money,
    Even if you continue with the same attitude of that it is all for love and thought she is a normal girl it will not help most of the time and you will face very unpleasant situation.
    You will either pay or had to force her out.

• Naughty Nomad March 1, 2011 at 7:06 pm #

@Deigo: When I wrote this post I had only experience in Africa and Asia. After a recent Caribbean I have to update this post as this sometimes happens.

5. Winston March 4, 2011 at 6:04 am #

I’ve done all those things too. However, freelancers, even if they like you a lot, still NEED money badly, so they do expect you to pay them, even though they may be too shy to ask for it. One time I got laid for free, and the next time I met her again, she asked me “Will you pay me this time?” Plus you can feel a let down on their face if you don’t pay them. It happens.

6. Still Going Strong September 15, 2011 at 10:27 am #

Done it for years, but I didn’t know it had a name! Shanghai two years ago is a good example. I’m a 53 year old engineer (with gray hair no less) from the U.S., about 40 pounds (18 kg) over weight, and average looking but with a great personality and an intelligent sense of humor. I was in the British Bull Dog Pub trying to catch a British Premier League soccer (or as the rest of the world says, football) match. A very leggy working girl tried to strike up conversation and I blew her off. She tried to talk to me again so I smiled and politely told her that I wasn’t there to pick-up girls, though if I was, she would have been the first one I would want since she was so pretty. (Everyone loves flattery, even when it’s true!)
    She was obviously a working girl, and when she wouldn’t go away, I decided I might as well admit defeat and talk with her. I got her family history, what province she was from, etc. She was a shop girl in the Fashion District by day and a bar girl by night. I told her she wasn’t going to make anything with me so I started pointing out other guys with deep pockets and a snoot full of liquor who would most likely be looking for a hooker later that evening. She thought they all looked too sketchy for her to want to deal with that night. I told her that the night was just about over and since she didn’t have any business prospects, she might as well go home with someone nice, sober, and gentle for a change. We went back to her place.
    I have lived versions of the same story throughout Asia, North America, Europe, and Australia. I thought everybody did!

7. Still Going Strong September 21, 2011 at 12:45 am #

Okay, let’s update the last post. Last night, two Philippina, the end of the night at Neptune’s Disco in Wan Chi, Hong Kong. I engaged them in conversation early in the night and they would come back to talk numerous times throughout the night. (Like I said, I have a great personality!) One was 22 years old, new at the game, had never done it for money before. This was her first night as a working girl and she turned down several offers because she was afraid to leave with a guy! A trim, attractive 33 year old, who had been in the game for years, was trying to encourage her (a sort of “mother-hen”). Well, by 4:00 nothing was happening and I suggested they both go home with me. This way, the younger one could get some experience and the older one could give her pointers. I, of course, agreed to act as the guinea pig as they “practiced” on me. It was great for all three of us. They left the next morning and no money changed hands.

• Naughty Nomad September 21, 2011 at 11:48 am #

That almost exactly my experience of Wan Chai. I miss HK 🙁

• La. Traveller April 14, 2015 at 1:46 am #

My bachelor party was at Neptune. Great times; I guess I need to return for my divorce party!

• Mikey747 December 20, 2016 at 6:25 pm #

Bizarre…….I also had almost exactly the same experience in Neptune! I had been with some bird I had met off of Badoo that afternoon, so wasn’t really arsed about meeting anyone else. I went to Neptune for a gin and tonic and a dance. Some pretty Filipino was giving me the chat, but I said I wasn’t interested, and was just there for the music.

At the end of the night, she asked if she could come back to my hotel. I said, sorry luv, I’m not interested in paying. She said, it’s ok, can I come back anyway!!!

So funny!

8. mob October 9, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

Hi! I have a question for you :

I have shored girls in asia and now in africa , and sometimes some of them wants me to pay for their taxi. Has it happen to you? what do you do in that case?

• Naughty Nomad October 9, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

Happened me a couple of times. If they do I usually accompany them and pay the taxi myself.
      You have to be careful she isn’t trying to rip you off.
      It’s like a airline offering free flights only to screw you on taxes.

9. Dez Wonda October 10, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

I loved it! I’m atattoo artist from Congo (Grew up in South Africa) and I get to shore easier than the average guy coz we can negotiate and I’m at Jonquet (Sex city) Coz it’s so much more fun than living with my Uncle and I’m lovin’ it.

Man!! I envy U! U got it nice, going to so many countries, or should I say coming in… anyway have fun! and if U ever need a tattoo Holla at me!

66361170

10. drusus October 14, 2011 at 5:35 pm #

You are unbelievable naive when you think the girls are just interested in YOU – what they actually might be interested in is: to marry you, leave her fucked up country behind and get fat at your cost.
    PLEASE: try that “trick” in a so called “developed” country and take “still going strongs” report on this page as a proof of my point.

• Naughty Nomad October 14, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

Of course they’re not just interested in me. They’re interested in my cock. I’m a welcome break from the old fat guys and their sleazy customers.
      If anything, I’m the one providing a service 😉

11. Ben October 22, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

Regarding the not buying a chick a drink…On the one hand you don’t want to be seen as easy to walk over and weak and on the other hand you don’t want to appear cheap especially if you think she might be a cool girl. In this situation if I decide I’d like to buy her a drink what I often do is when they ask for one is give her the money for a couple of drinks and say “nip to the bar and get me one whilst you’re there”. That way you’ve remained in control by giving her a hoop to jump through. Also the other women in the bar see her doing something for you and not vice versa. If you are already at the bar then just give her the cash and go to the toilet so she is going through your hoop. Just hope she’s there when you get back.

12. Tim November 8, 2011 at 11:21 am #

Hi,

I came from Thailand 2 weeks ago, and your shoring guide was fucking Awesome and very helpful.
    I really got the right frame to meet women in such areas, So thanks a lot!

In the beginning I had few issue, and this points helped me a lot, so I thought about sharing them with you:

-Make it apparent you’re not an easy sell and aren’t just looking for any pair of tits and ass. Be shameless in blowing them out, you want to create the perception that you’re a “hard sell” and a very, very picky

-Screen girls for personality. Find one that you actually enjoy talking to. (was the biggest one for me, I almost fell in love for one of the girls…)

-Don’t Play their bar games and especially not on their terms, You will lose, and your bill will grow fast, and you would seem like the loser guy getting hustled by the girl…
    If you really want to play bar games with the girl, only play in comfort, and on your terms and conditions.

-The tequila routine if fucking gold, especially when the tequila is so cheap, its always worked
    I don’t buy girls drinks, but if she really deserve one, I will do the tequila routine 😉
    Sometimes the girl buy you a drink (it’s free for the working girls anyway…) take it as tequila and do the routine…

-and for the last point, separate yourself from all the other dudes, and don’t be afraid to lose her and be willing to walk away…

Closing work as you wrote, and as written in the topic below from point 4 in more details.
    http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-1972-post-26762.html#pid26762 – Took few points from here, great source of information on the topic.

• Remo June 6, 2014 at 12:35 am #

Hey dude, what’s the tequila routine?

13. john February 26, 2012 at 5:37 pm #

do you have to be western to do this.?

• Naughty Nomad February 26, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

Of course not…

• Melly February 9, 2016 at 8:03 am #

This is a neat surymma. Thanks for sharing!

14. ben June 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

alright shoring I have done many times unintentionally, I have gone back with hookers but they would not accept money or I never paid not realising she was a hooker until later…but lately I have been intentionally trying to shore as I am currently in Asia with very little money. There is a problem with shoring that I am having. I cannot cut they girl loose afterwards. One just left my room after 2 days! she also told me she loved me, when I told her I did’nt and more or less threw her out in a nice way, she started to demand money which she had already told me I did not have to pay when all was sweet. This has happened more than once now and Im starting to think shoring is a bit shit really, probably better off just agreeing a short term price as I have probably paid double now and morally its not any better I suppose although I do not care about that.. Any advice folks?

• Stoica Adrian October 2, 2014 at 3:54 am #

Well, I must confess, when I didn’t respect some of your rules (before to read this or after) was a wasted time and energy with my flirt :)).
      What I learned also, few of my rules
      1. a. Don’t fall in love only if you want that and after a long perioud to know her better. Because with a broken heart, far away..bad sleep, bad eat and so and so, you will be in great danger. It’s happen to me once in Haiti :(.
      b. don’t catch her heart more than you need only for a night. Some of them are really nice and naive. One of my trip friend find once on hids door in the morning a girl who tried to commit suicide (she survived finally). After sex also a lot of girls will attach her soul more than without it. Some girls are not nice, and a bad girl could create problems. Also for me in a great relationship, in time,I received more than from only short term adventure. All your info could be useful also to start a serious love 😉
      2. Sometimes I am too lazy for flirt, and sometimes even if you are an expert if you don’t want to pay you will lose her. So negociate strong – 25$ are not big deal. Go out with her before to waste this money anyway with you and your friends.
      3 In a lot of movies we saw heroes, models about how an ideal man must be, as really girls expect from a real man to impress her. So what I saw girls are more atracted by a “Alfa male” than a weak “I am shy…” boy.
      4. Go to the gym seriously. Full of muscle between a lot of average guys in a public place, usually girls will be already “wet” even before to open the discussion. It will be always a big plus.
      5. Think fast everything you will do few seconds before to say/do. sometimes even one wrong proposition can ruin all the work, because usually that girl don’t know you and can become worried or more worst.
      6. It will be always easier with drunk girls 🙂
      7. addapt to person. For example if you “play it dumb” with an intelligent girl definitely you will lose. for some girls (rare) intelligence is realy sexy 🙂

No matter if you keep this site to support your trip (and some stories are invented), for your self proud to look good, or you are really a great person to share to people, this site is a great thing and very useful for our trips.
      Cheers.

• Stoica Adrian October 2, 2014 at 4:01 am #

Sorry Ben, my words was about the article not as an answer to your words. My first comment so still dont know to use the site.
        An add:
        point 8. make her laugh (but not all the time of course). Sense of humor it is always an great advantage.

15. ben July 18, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

hi nomad can you plz remove my previous comment above as my friends face seems to be on it as an avatar for some reason cheers

16. Jon August 28, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

This is an interesting post and concept but I would say that most stories I have heard about guys shoring are mainly bs, half truths or missing details. The truth is no hard core pro will go with you for free on a night that she is working because she is there for the money. That is not to say that you can’t fuck a pro for free if you meet her during the day or on a night that she is not working. The trick is to meet them in a situation where you can be seen as a partner and not an atm.

Many guys are successful because they run into semi-pros. Bars in most developing countries are full of girls who want to have a good time but are not above going home with a guy for money. That said, I have found it to be very rare that the guy pays nothing. For example, I met a Spaniard in Laos who told me he never pays for sex but had stayed with a girl he met in Pattaya for a while. When I pressed him it turns out that he had met her at a club (yes she was a part timer) and had paid for rent and food while he was living with her (she fucked for free the first night and pretty much asked him to move in). I ran nomad’s African story by a few African guys I know and they all conceded that his situation is common with foreigners in Africa. The girl goes with the guy for free and the after sex says she is sick and asks for money for medicine. I’ve also met young girls in Asia who want young sponsors (below 40) so they have sex with young guys for free in hopes that they can get the guy to commit to sending money. I fucked a 22yo Thai part timer without exchanging cash for about a week but she already had a sponsor (so she did not need to earn money nightly) and most nights when we went out she and her friends drank off my bottle so it was technically not for free.

Most guys fool themselves into thinking they are handsome, have great game, novel because they are white…when a hooker sleeps with them for free. The truth is that many women want stability and will risk one night of free sex for a guy who will take care of them for a week to a month or more. I met a Thai girl once who was pissed because she slept with a Brit for free and he left the next day without telling her. She thought he would stay for a week and planned to stay the whole week and at the end ask for “help for her family”. I spent about two weeks sleeping with a part timers in Laos only giving her a small amount of money the first night we met. After that I only bought food, bought her a motorbike helmet, gave her maybe 20 USD to help with her rent and maybe 40-60 USD as a gift when I was leaving (because there was no shopping mall to take her to). There were nights when she went out to find a customer, but she always gave me the option to pay her first which I would decline because I knew her heart was not in hooking and she would probably end up back at my hotel anyway. I saw something similar happen to a young guy in Udon but he was too stupid to understand. He slept with a chick a few times for free and tried to fight one of her customers one night at a club. She let him know from the beginning that she like him but she needed money and if he would not help she would have to “work”.

So I guess my big question is is it shoring if no cash exchanges hands or if nothing exchanges hands. Most guys I met who I believe gave nothing either got very lucky (many women love sex and having a good time and will fuck for free if they don’t need money but in some places the ones who don’t need money are rare) or they were leaving the next day and did not tell the girl.

Many of these chicks may like sex and need money but very few want to sleep with tons of guys. What I noticed in Asia was that many part timers would have sex for free and then cling on to the guy. That guy would essentially become a boyfriend/benefactor for the duration of his stay, never directly paying for sex but paying for most other things (my guess is that is what is happening to ben).

• Naughty Nomad August 29, 2012 at 12:56 am #

“So I guess my big question is is it shoring if no cash exchanges hands or if nothing exchanges hands.”

No cash exchange. I think most guys would feels there’s a difference between buying a girl a couple of drinks and p4p.

17. WhoreMonger October 21, 2012 at 10:17 am #

“shoring” is just cheating 3rd world working girls out of there hard earned money and you deserve to get rightfully cut for that kinda despicable behavior

• Naughty Nomad October 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

Not in my world. You’re paradigm is needy and that of a lower caste male. I’m a handsome young Celt giving them some good loving. I’m a breath of fresh air compared to your average monger. I don’t get pussy, I give dick. But regardless, I’m sure you’ll keep listening to your rationalisation hamster and convince yourself that you, the whoremonger, are the more moral one, even when society or other men sees the situation differently.

18. David January 21, 2013 at 2:54 am #

Im sure you all got shored, but the reason you give to why it happens is of deluded narcissistic men. I think Jons post was sensible, and broke it down very well. It`s not bc ur alfa Naughty Nomad or a high caste male you get it for free. You are white, you have money, you are fun/treat them different and that give them hope to stay with you. The moral behind it is not for me to judge!

Ps. Im a fan of your blog, but that doesn`t mean I agree to all you say 😉

19. NRgizR September 10, 2013 at 7:18 pm #

“EXCEPTION: You don’t want to look cheap at the same time, only consider buying a drink if you bounce to new establishment. If she joins you to another bar without investment, it’s a big enough IOI to justify purchasing a drink for your “instant date”.”

My suggestion for a smooth shift: “Help finish this one / my drink and we’ll move another bar.”

20. jon boo February 5, 2014 at 4:02 am #

Hi guys
    Shoring love the term firstly , but , I use a different style , in Thailand ive found it doesnt pay to be the tourist.
    I go for the ex pat kinda style hook up, ie , looking to settle down , buy rent property , this can get you many freebies so to speak!
    The down side is that you have to start dodging a girl who has become your instant girlfriend overnight , this system works best if you are going to be regulary moving around in diffrent areas. Otherwise keep your eyes open. Girls can get very jelous!

21. nescio September 30, 2014 at 10:39 pm #

Gotta love shoring. Learned the art of the game back in Congo where 90 percent of the girls you meet are hardcore or semi- pro. There, the trick was to treat them as your equal, respect them, be sweet and genuinely interested. That combined with a fun factor ofcourse. Voila, your approach is different than 95 percent of the other men. You just need to have good reading skills to weed out the good from the bad. Shored a lot of girls, from cheap hookers and strippers to professional strippers and luxury escorts who even paid my taxi and drinks and bought me lap dances from other girls! No idea how it works in the rest of the world

• Cereal Killer October 2, 2014 at 5:00 am #

“nescio” keep your succesful history bullshit for yourself even if they are true or not. We are here for useful info in our personal life.

22. Eric March 18, 2015 at 9:23 am #

I’m pretty useless at pickups, but I had an experience very like this. I was in a strip bar in Brisbane one Friday night, I met a stripper, she asked if I wanted to play pool. I remember thinking “this girl gets so many approaches, I’m no pickup artist, so I’m not even going to try, there’s no point”, so I was just friendly, didn’t try anything. It drove her nuts – she kissed me, told me she wanted to go home with me, took me to the door, called a cab – I had the hottest 48 hours of weekend of sex ever. Completely wiped me out, I kept passing out from exhaustion, waking up with her playing with me, night, day, sucking me, trying to coax some more action out of me. And two more followup weekends almost as good, before she got bored with me and found a new toy.

Shoring works, sometimes, even for someone as useless at pickups as me.

23. Ian Fleming September 23, 2016 at 8:42 pm #

I actually shored once in Amerikkka, if you can believe that! She was pretty damn hot too. I dated her for about a month then she moved to Europe…

• Ian Fleming September 23, 2016 at 8:47 pm #

Oh yeah and I should mention that she paid for ALL my drinks and food when we went out.

24. cat793 December 8, 2016 at 6:19 pm #

Interesting concept, I picked up a freelancer in Thailand and took her home and the next morning she was going to leave without asking for money. i was a bit taken aback to be honest as I couldn’t see what was in it for her. I am kind, warm and affectionate with women but not especially hot let alone some kind of alpha male. I had to almost force some money on her. In my view that was the deal I felt i had signed up for – she cannot live on air and kind words alone. I have heard that in parts of Africa it is normal for men to leave a gift of money for girls after sex as a thank you and that seems to make sense to me in places where women struggle financially. Incidentally an African friend at university got into all kinds of trouble when he did this after his first time with an English girl who was mortally offended!!!

1. Shoring « Naughty Nomad - August 30, 2010

[…] If you want some tips on how to Shore, check my post Shoring 101. […]

2. Paying for Sex | Flagging Headquarters - March 23, 2011

[…] Nomad engineered the term… Shoring: seducing or scoring whores, probably because running into prostitutes while travelling is inevitable; it’s better to be […]

3. Sex in Africa 101 – MUST READ! | Naughty Nomad - June 21, 2011

[…] the only realistic option at night time is to shore. If you haven’t already, read my article shoring 101 before you […]